Benefits of the Lightning Hybrids ERS:
- More power for acceleration and better braking.
- The only hydraulic hybrid system available for medium-duty vehicles like work trucks and shuttle buses.
- Medium-duty hydrauic hybrids are more efficient and cost effective than electric hybrids.
- The only system available as a retrofit for used vehicles (2008 and newer).
- A cost-effective value-enhancing upfit to new vehicles.
- The safety and reliability of a parallel hybrid system — runs “parallel” to the engine and transmission so if the system is down the vehicle still drives.
- Hydraulics are easy to maintain – eliminate the extra weight and dangers of maintaining high voltage batteries.
- Bullet-proof 3-year/50,000 mile warranty. The system does not affect the OEM warranty in any way.
The Lightning Hybrids product applies a hydraulic drive system to the driveline of a vehicle to regenerate braking energy. Hydraulic pumps and a lightweight accumulator store braking energy and upon acceleration the pumps become motors that use the stored energy in the accumulator to provide torque to power the wheels. The fuel efficiency gains are achieved by regenerating the braking energy that is normally wasted to heat, and using this energy instead of (and in addition to, if needed) the internal combustion engine for acceleration.
Lightning Hybrids’ patent-pending hydraulic hybrid system includes two or three high-efficiency hydraulic pumps, a unique power transfer module, a lightweight accumulator system, a valve block and certified hoses, and a proprietary control system.
Superior Energy Recovery vs. Electric Hybrids